Beauty Training Courses
Training courses for a career in the beauty industry can be obtained for as little as £55. Here we provide advice and guidance for anyone who is interested in working in the beauty industry. If you want to start working or developing new skills in the spa or beauty industry but don’t know where to start we are here to help.
Despite the recent economic slowdown the beauty industry seems to be largely unaffected. It continues grow as new products and techniques are introduced into the market. Because of this there is always a demand for well trained and qualified Beauty Therapists, Massage Therapist and Nail Technicians.
The training courses will enable you to:
- Obtain professional indemnity insurance.
- Essential if you want be self employed and charge your clients.
- Obtain NVQ level 2 and 3 qualifications in as little as 10 weeks!
- NVQs are required if you want to be employed in a spa or salon.
- Set yourself up as a Mobile Beauty Therapist.
- Earn up to £50 per hour as a Nail Technician or Beauty/Massage Therapist.
There is a large variety of courses someone interested in a career in beauty may take. If you wish to work in a salon or a spa you will find that most employers require that you be qualified to NVQ level 2 or 3. There are a number of different ones you can qualify in:
Beauty Therapy NVQ level 2 – this encompasses the following treatments:
- Make Up & Facial Treatments
- Manicures & Pedicures
- Strip lashes and individual lashes, tash tints, brow shapes, brow tints
Beauty Therapy NVQ level 3 which includes:
- Facial Electrical Treatments
- Body & Hot Stone Massage
- Body Electrical Treatments
Body Massage NVQ level 3
- Body massage
- Hot stone therapy
- Indian head massage
- Self tanning services
- Aromatherapy massage
Nail Services NVQ level 2 – this encompasses:
- Nail art services
- Applying and maintain nail enhancements
Diploma (for self employment)
If you have no intention of working for someone else and just want to start your own business then an NVQ is not necessary. You do need professional indemnity insurance however, and to get this you will require diplomas in the treatments that you will be applying.
Obtaining these diplomas is fortunately very straightforward. In most case you will spend a day learning a treatment or technique and at the end of the day you will demonstrate what you have learned after which you will be issued with your diploma – all on the same day.
The Carlton Institute is the leading beauty training school in the UK. It continuously trains dozens of different beauty treatments in 16 location throughout the country. Most beauty training courses take no more than a day and you will receive at the very least a diploma in the respective treatment at the end of it.