Tinting is a semi-permanent enhancement of the eye area. Tint mixed with peroxide is used on the eyelashes and brows to dye them a darker colour than what they naturally are, making the eye area appear more defined. It is a quick treatment, taking 15 minutes, and is a great treatment to have if you want false lashes applied. The effects can last for up to 8 weeks.
Colours usually available are black, blue-black, brown and grey. A patch test must be carried out at least 24 hours before having a tinting treatment for the first time from a therapist, to ensure that you aren’t allergic to the products used. Even if you have had your lashes or brows tinted before, you must still have a patch test carried out if a different brand of product is used on you than before.
Benefits of Tinting:
- Great for holidays and clients who swim as it will never smudge
- Lasts for up to 8 weeks
- No need to use mascara or eyebrow pencils, so good for clients who are sensitive to makeup, or who don’t have time to apply makeup
- Makes fine eyebrows appear thicker
- Makes the eyes appear bigger
- Ideal for clients who want an enhanced but natural look
Contra-indications to Tinting:
- Eye disorders or diseases.
- Any redness, swelling or itching prior to a treatment.
- Contact lenses – they must be removed.
- A reaction to the patch test.
- A waxing or tweezing treatment that has been carried out on the brows immediately before the tint is due to be applied.